Tomorrow Today Sunday Discussion
With all the books, internet and even word of mouth some of our people still are without knowledge of Their God, their Ancestry and the proper tools to live morally outside of a corrupt system. So we spoke about those three very things, we shared on God, Our Ancestry, and The Law.
- We were all created by the Most High God, we knew him first, however this distractions and ways of the world tempted us and we fell victim to a corrupt way of life but now it is time to remember.
- God is Know!!! We were given the privilege to learn here on earth who God is and how he exists in efforts to remember and come back to our true nature.
- For those of us that are not privy to certain knowledge, we live off of faith. Keeping an open mind and a positive attitude, knowing that God Exists.
- When everything is going wrong around us and on the inside we are still happy and joyous it’s pretty much a confirmation that God exists.
- We as a people are so powerful when we are connected with our spirituality selves.
- We need to remember that God is all around us and is a part of us, and we need to open up our eyes to the distractions of this world (T.V, clothes, immoral music, selfishness etc.) that are strategically placed around us to keep us blind and lost. If we take ourselves out of the fog of negativity, lies and deceit you will experience a freshness of life. GOD is REAL!
- Most of us especially the youth do not know our history past slavery. We often say Africa but we know nothing about Africa. We need to really care about where we came from so we can be real and confident in where we are going.
- We as a people do know ourselves. Those who are black from USA just call themselves black, we know our ancestors were slaves but we have no idea where they came from. Those who are black in Canada can go as far as Jamaica, Trinidad, St. Vincent etc. But they can’t go past that. Where did we come from? And we know we did not come from Monkey’s!
- We have to start from the beginning, we existed first with God.
- This knowledge we lack of our history comes from us being separated and all these worldly distractions that’s keep us blocked from our own history. The best way to come back and remember who we really are is to break down borders of color, language and “decent” ant to truly come together as a people.
- The documentary “Strawman’s Law” is suggested. We are mental slaves and we take heed to man’s law without knowledge. We need to study and know all the laws to protect our people from incarceration, police brutality, Racial profiling etc.
Tomorrow Today: The Knowledge rEvolution
The round table discussion
The incident in, which a 12 year old young girl was forcefully removed off of public bus by police officers, was explained and the question was posed…
- Who was in the wrong?
- How can we keep these things from happening to the persons within our community?
About the incident
- The bus driver was in the wrong.
- It is an abuse of power, as an adult you know the immature mind
- It was abusive, an abuse of power because it was a so called black child speaking English, she is already labeled a threat from the beginning.
- She’s 12 this should not have happened. We need to build community, if she had a community this would have never happened.
What needs to be done to keep this from happening?
- This is impoverishment of humanity; the young girl did not belong to a community. She did not have the knowledge on how to move within the system. We need a community so people can bring their issues to the greater body of people where some know certain knowledge. We need a community to educate our youth, and ourselves.
- This system is created to keep who it wants in and keep who it wants out.
- We have to protest, take back our rights, write letters, get all the support we can, they use these situations as test to see how we react and to take note of how much they can get away with.
- We need to know the law, know all the books.
- We need to use economic development, we need to support our own businesses, and give back to our people.
- The know something that we don’t know about ourselves, therefore we need to educate ourselves. Who are we? We are lost; until we are educated no one will respect you.
- It’s about groundation, knowing yourself and your surroundings.
- If we reconnect with the creator we can exercise our righteous, moral divine powers to move within the system.
- we need to revert back to the knowledge of our ancestors, living in peace amongst each other, staying connected to our soul (the core) and in full alignment with our creator. Keeping a spiritual mind with full awareness and control of our human identity. We have a human identity, an animal identity, and a spiritual identity, if you kill your brother than you kill yourself; therefore we are heading towards a wipe out of humanity.
- Sovereignty is the solution, we can’t keep fighting the system, its crashing anyway, Sovereignty IS THE SOLUTION!
- We need to come together and really make the change. You can’t just want change you have to literally be the change!
How do you take a people who are lost, mentally dead and raise them up so we could actually come together and function as one body, a community?
- Education on the knowledge of our creator.
- Showing them how change can benefit them.
- Education, different ways of education like life experience and being the example of change and share that with them.
- Education on proper nutrition, lack of living food keeps our minds dead. We need to eat properly so that we can even be open to change period.
- Knowledge of the Creator
- Self Awareness
- Knowledge of the Law
- Proper Nutrition
- Maintain all sense of peace (Good overcomes evil)
- Refrain from using curse words (say I Love You more)
- Education of self ( History)
Action plans due for July 21st:
Bring ONE new thing about
- Your Ancestry
- The Law
On June 16th, 2012, SPLC will be hosting a Round Table Discussion which will tackle the Political, Educational, Economic, Social, and Spiritual issues within the Black Community here on the island of Montreal.
Tomorrow Today: Knowledge rEvolotion
Sovereign Prerogative Live Creations
Date: June 16th, 2012
Time: 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Location: 1650 rue Marie-Anne,
The purpose for the Round Table Discussion is to highlight the issues that continue to persist within the Black Communities and uncover solutions. These solutions will be documented and used for the purpose of erecting a New Black Leadership Association.
May 19th DISCUSSION REVIEW Facilitators: SPLC 45 minutes
All the problems of society are rested on poverty. Poverty is the main issue in society. We can reduce and correct the problems if we as a people were not impoverished. We as a community face Educational Poverty. We are losing our children to the educational system because they do not see themselves in it. We need alternative schooling outside of their compulsory schooling system to educate our own children. We as a community face Political Poverty. We have no representation; there is no person or persons to go to for anything. There is no one truly speaking for the people here in Montreal. We must speak for ourselves but that is ineffective. We as a community face Social Poverty. A solution to social poverty is events such as Tomorrow Today The knowledge rEvolution. All the different groups working for the community need to come together and promote on a larger scale. We as a community are impoverished in Mind, Time and Creativity. We must make the right decisions on how to manage our time to be sustainable. We as a community are impoverished within our own families. We need to build a nation, a collective of families and create a society where we can reconnect with our divinity, and take our natural placement.
June 16th Schedule Review Facilitators: SPLC 45 minutes
The Round Table Discussion on June 16th, 2012 will be focused on the political, economic, educational, social, and spiritual issues that our community faces and the solutions that can help establish a wealth within our community.
New Action Items Facilitators: SPLC 5 minutes
As a member of the Eyes Wide Open Artistic Peace Movement, SPLC feels there are many reasons in society for an organization such as ours to be put into effect. We have come to the conclusion that there are many problems in our society today that have been seen throughout the passing years, but have been ignored or left without complete solutions. These problems have been evident throughout our individual upbringings which represent different walks of life. This is why we, the Sovereign Prerogative Live Creations feel that it is the personal responsibility of the artistic community to ponder great issues and find complete solutions.
Come and join us June 16th at Théâtre de l’Esquisse
1650, Marie-Anne est, Montreal, QC H2J 2E1
Doors Open at 6:30 pm
Event Begins 7pm
If you want Change, it shall be, if not than we shall build up around you in hopes that then you will have enough support to make the change. So we, SPLC give to you, Tomorrow Today: The Knowledge rEvolution.
Tomorrow Today: The Knowledge rEvolution
Round Table Discussion May, 19th, 2012
Issue Questions; How does Poverty effect:
– Racial Profiling (at the Municipal level)
– Language Education (at the Provincial level)
– Representation (at the national level)
– “The Brain Drain” (on the international level)
All the problems of society are rested on poverty. Poverty is the main issue in society. We can reduce and correct the problems if we as a people were not impoverished.
We as a community face Educational Poverty.
- They make it difficult to get the education we need to excel.
- Educational Poverty keeps us from coming up solutions.
- If you can’t rise above the schooling system, you cage yourself in a box.
- We need to teach ourselves the Laws and Revelations
- Face issues of education by educating ourselves.
- We need to make sure we know all of the facts about everything.
- Lack of information = Lack of knowledge
- We need to study and learn more about ourselves and our surroundings.
- We need to teach ourselves how to live healthier lifestyles.
- How to eat healthy and get the proper nutrition.
- How to rest our bodies and how to work out our bodies.
- We need to own our own business, and support all those already existing within our community.
- We have to stop relying of this compulsory schooling system to provide our children with all the education they need. We need to come up with alternative education, in order to truly educate people.
- What does everyone feel about Afro Centric Schools? What are the Laws and rights to get schools here in Montreal?
- What good is an Afro Centric School with no community?
- We are losing our children to the educational system because they do not see themselves in it. We need alternative Afro Centric schools outside of their compulsory schooling system to educate our children.
We as a community face Political Poverty
- We have no representation; there is no person or persons to go to for anything. There is no one truly speaking for the people here in Montreal. We must speak for ourselves but that is ineffective.
We as a community face Social Poverty
- Poverty effects social life, not enough socially constructive events where people can be enriched culturally.
- A solution to social poverty is events such as Tomorrow Today The knowledge rEvolution.
- We need to continuously create awareness; some people don’t know that they are in lack. We need to wake people up catch them off guard.
- It would be good to have guest speakers, like lawyers for example to come and provide information on what to do in certain situations etc. That would enhance and bring helpful information to events.
- All the different groups working for the community need to come together and promote on a larger scale.
- Unity of organizers coming together would be rather effective.
- We need to be able to come together and discuss what to do as a whole.
- We need to learn to take an interest in deeper issues and not be embarrassed about what we don’t know.
- What can we do to create awareness to effect a large change, to create a social advancement that has never been seen before?
- How do we make people interested?
- Word of mouth
- Everyone has to find a path to knowledge of self
- We have to stay with it, too many times we fall off so we must keep it moving. Start a campaign and endure. Have fun, and continually have engagements.
We as a community are impoverished in Mind, Time and Creativity
- We are impoverished in our concerns, they are not prioritized.
- We are impoverished in our attitude, outlook and interest.
- There is a lack of ideas to produce complete solutions.
- We need to come up with creative ideas to respond.
- Finding new ways to protect ourselves.
- Come up with contingency Plans.
- We have so many time constraints living in the city, we are impoverished in our ability to manage time.
- We must make the right decisions on how to manage our time to be sustainable.
- The fact that most of us work 9-5 and try to get at least 8 hours of rest, the hours in between is the space to actually be a revolutionary, that’s the time we have to work to be free.
- We are full time workers because we have to pay bills and what not and we are part time revolutionaries but it should actually be the other way around.
- They know what they’re doing; they make it hard for us. They managed with years and centuries to diminish us as a people.
- We have a lack of knowledge of identity; however we don’t have the time to be fully invested in that because of the 9-5.
- We have dreams of what we want for us and our family but it gets hard so we put our dreams on the back burner and settle for gaining financial wealth only.
We as a community are impoverished within our own families
- What about the Mothers and children, they are always missing from the equation.
- Children should be the main focus.
- We are losing our children to the schooling system because they don’t see themselves and their parents are struggling with their own identity.
- All of the fathers are missing in action. The lack of fathers is why the community fails; they are supposed to be the protectors and leaders.
- What real father would let their daughters degrade themselves?
- Without culture we cannot ask anyone to do what is right.
- We must understand the spirit
- We must take marriage with God and connect to our true identity.
- People are programmed with false identity from birth by this society.
- Every spirit is made to create, so they use the environment they live in.
- Young brothers and Men are endangered species’. If there is one father, he needs to be the father of MANY.
- There is a BIG information gap within our community and there is no opportunity for them to enter into it.
- The elders minds are set, and the youth are looking to be integrated, but the funds are holding us back. Elders and youth need to come together cause our youth are looking for a home.
- What do we do to bridge the old and the new?
- We need to build a nation, a collective of families.
- Create a society where we can reconnect with our divinity, and take our natural placement.
- Our people are spiritually dead.
- They are moving backwards, they do not understand.
- How do we make them interested to the other forms of poverty that they are not aware of?
- We suffer from Financial, Networking, Social, educational, Political, and familial Poverty.
- How do we make it appealing?
- Spiritual poverty has divine riches.
- We need to look at the solutions and create awareness of the riches to motivate and move to riches.
We can’t blame others for the situation we are in.
One Full Circle is a non profit organization which aids in the advancement of local black businesses/organizations. In efforts to support please visit the link to The Music With Meaning Tour.
The Music With Meaning Tour Workshop has been touring throughout the province of Quebec, performing at high schools, elementary and adult education facilities. The presentations are designed to raise awareness of issues within schools, such as racism, self-esteem, violence, peer pressure, depression and cyber bullying.
Giving back to the community is one of M.W.M’s biggest priorities. Performers and their representatives use the time during the presentation to speak to students about struggles they might face and how they can use popular services that are available to them to get through them.
For more info on the Music with Meaning tour please call us at 514-651-4545 or email us at Hamid.Rouse@gmail.com